Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#73583 by chimpi
Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:37 pm
Hi,

I am still relatively new to ooma, and have looked into blocking telemarketers. My blacklist grows by 2 to 3 numbers a day. I was hoping that you could create an option to block all calls except for callers that are in my contact list.

Funny thing is my ooma number, before the port, was disconnected for over 4 years due to excessive calls. Changed number when I went to Vonage, but couldn't find a way to list myself in the book. Came back after the phone number is disconnected and I am still getting so many unsolicited calls.
#75573 by alphacompgeek
Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:42 am
I would also love to see this implemented. I already did this with my email years ago and it has done wonders for my sanity. I'm not really interested in receiving anonymous calls from anyone who is not in my contacts list. Ooma has given us some great tools for building the contacts list (import from csv, Facebook, etc)... I can easily put everyone I know in there. I would also keep an eye on the call logs to make sure I'm not blocking any calls that I actually want.

Blacklisting individual numbers of telemarketers one at a time is a losing battle, just like blocking individual email addresses of spammers as you receive the messages.
#76599 by Bear207
Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:10 pm
I used to own a caller id box that could be set to ring when a "VIP" number called. This allowed me to turn off the ringers of the phones in the house and we knew only to answer the phone when we heard the caller id box ringing. In our small house this worked well.

This idea of block 'em all except those on our white list appeals to us.

Great idea.