Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#72316 by irnaggie
Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:19 am
I have been using v2 of the ooma Mobile app since its release quite successfully on my iPhone. On January 6, I updated to v3 of the app via the app store. Now starting the app, I get the ooma flashscreen with an "initializing..." message, then it crashes. That whole process takes less than 2 seconds.

I've tried deleting the app and reloading from the app store, but no change.

Any ideas?

Scott
#72340 by irnaggie
Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 pm
yep - exactly what i tried. so to be more expansive:

Step 1: "upgraded" via app store on the iphone. Saw the symptoms i described.
Step 2: deleted app off my iphone and downloaded from app store via iphone again. Same symptoms.
Step 3: deleted app off the iphone and downloaded from the PC. again, same.

Between each "delete" and "install", i power cycled the phone to be sure there were no memory fragmentation issues or shrapnel.
#72389 by irnaggie
Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:11 pm
OK - i am out of ideas.

Per lbmofo's suggestion, I regenned the password. Unfortunately, the ooma app on the phone does not get far enough along to care.

So I did the one set of actions I hadn't done all together.
1) Delete the app off the iphone,
2) Reboot the iphone,
3) Start iTunes and delete the app from iTunes,
4) Sync the phone and iTunes,
5) Redownload the app from the app store via iTunes,
6) Sync the phone and iTunes, reinstalling the app from iTunes,
7) Reboot the iPhone,

I ran the app - same thing. The intializing screen comes on for1 to 2 seconds then disappears.

It's almost as if there is some lingering goo on the phone that is causing ooma to choke at startup.

So anyone - any other thoughts? I really appreciate the help.

S
#72393 by lbmofo
Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:36 pm
Man, this is really weird. I think this needs some heavy duty help from someone like Dennis or Bobby. Can you email Bobby B and see if he can point you to the right direction?