Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#71858 by overzeetop
Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:39 pm
Okay, I can see how the callerID thing would be nice, and I guess having a key to listen to your GV box from the handset is good, but what about all the other great Google features that you are missing out on? What about:

Conditional forwarding
Sequential forwarding
Multiple saved greetings you can switch between
Voicemail transcription
DND with a time limit
Custom ring schedules

There doesn't seem to be any mention of these in the Ooma KB, just dialing out with your CID and listening in to the Google Voice Greeting before dumping the caller into GV mail. Am I missing something, or is Ooma being cagey about the options since it can snipe their own pay-per-message transcriptions? If I ring through to GVE, will google then cascade the call to my alternate numbers, or just go to the voicemail option?

To be honest, I probably wouldn't have Ooma if GV allowed porting of numbers, but it's cheaper (even with the Premier sub) than having Verizon forward my calls to Google ($15+$0.10/call - highway robbery if you ask me). If this is really a way to get Google Voice to manage my whole phone system - i.e. it's like forwarding calls through the GV system on connect - then I'll be thrilled...but I really can't tell from the KB article what happens. Given the tech folks who get VoIP, I kind of expected a flowchart to explain how it works...

Any comments on how GVE works for you? TIA!
#72800 by southsound
Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:09 am
I use my GV "naked" because, like yourself, I found little advantage to using the GV Extensions compared to the "cost" of using one of my numbers as a GV Virtual number. I also use two GV numbers - one personal and one for a non-profit corp we run. Each rings a separate ooma number with one of them using a diffeent ring pattern. I have trained most of my callers to ingnore the CID presented and use the GV number to return calls. JHMO.
#81173 by w4jwm
Wed May 11, 2011 8:17 pm
Ooma Voice and GV is a mess. I am a beta tester - and this Bata Product is not for Beta. It has several anomalies that are totally unacceptable..

First the good stuff. The concept is great - having the ability to send voice mail to GV is a wonderful thing. Having my GV number appear on my outgoing Ooma is wonderful. BUT - not being able to turn off the Ooma Voice Screening while using the GV extensions is nuts... unusable

Ooma should reintroduce the Bata with an updated Bata version either without or with an option of Screening. The problem actually becomes imposable when you use a GV number with forwarding to your Ooma, Cell Phone or any other number. The Ooma answers in the screening mode before the Cell can even ring...

I would more than happy to do additional Bata Testing.