Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#71448 by hammyj
Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:38 pm
I was so happy to call my phone company and say goodbye but now I am crawling back. :cry: I have put up with a lot and tried everything they told me to do. I voluntarily went from DSL to Cable modem, bought new and improved phones etc., etc. Tonight my wife was trying to use the phone, calls in and calls out, and had nothing but problems. She said these Fn phones, I want the phone company back. Her saying that was totally out of caricature, she does not use foul language. So, tomorrow I call to have the service reconnected and put Ooma on ebay. Whished it would have worked. Good luck to you all.
#71449 by southsound
Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:48 pm
If I had to choose between a happy wife and my ooma Telo, I'd make the same decision. We hate to see you go but totally understand.

Merry Christmas!
#71450 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:59 pm
Mike, sorry to see you go. Just regret that we, on the forum, couldn't help you more; wish you would have posted issues you were having. In any case, best of luck.
#71453 by roadshow
Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:27 am
Sorry you had so many problems. I have minor OOMA issues occasionally, but it's been pretty good overall. The thought of paying a phone bill again makes me shudder.
I understand your decision though and wish you the best.
#71479 by cylooma
Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:39 pm
An angry wife costs a whole lot more than paying monthly bill to the phone company. Your decision was correct. It's better to keep a happy wife than save the monthly phone bill. Good luck to you.
#71480 by oldtimercurt
Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:11 pm
I feel your pain. Went through the same scenerio and my wife couldn't accept the "not ready for prime time" aspects of Ooma. Back to Best Buy and back to Ma Bell :cry: Tried for almost the entire 30 day BB return period. No consumer product should be this difficult.

OTC
#71498 by dsinternet
Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:57 am
My wife had a hard time with Ooma at first. We work out most of the problems and only have a minor issue once every month or two. The current problems have been solved by resetting my Internet modem and the Ooma. I showed my wife what to do and now we are all happy. Ooma is a young company and will continue to have it's growing pains. We have accepted the pains over the last 14 months and now could not be happier. The cost is what makes it worth it. My brother has basic Ooma and is saving so much. He broke even about 6 months ago and now only pays about $3 in taxes every month.
Good luck, there are other Internet phone systems that also work well...but it will cost you a lot more $$$, Ooma offers more and cost less money, but family always comes first. It would have been fun to work out your problem on the fourm. I think the fourm is better then Ooma CS. Its the first place I go to with my problems. Sorry about this long message. Merry Christmas.
#71499 by Leeway
Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:21 am
Hammyj,

I see that you did not come here to the forums with much of your frustration. There is such wonderful help here and people that will go wayyyy out of their way to help you.

Even if you get your land line back and your wife is happy please don't put your Ooma on Ebay but rather hook it back up and while she is happy with the land line, you can come here and 'everyone' will help you figure out the answers to a happy Ooma connection.

You will learn a lot and you will meet some of the most helpful people you ever wanted to..

Donna
#71504 by pinan
Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:27 am
I have two core units, one for each home, and both using the same Time Warner service. The one in the mountain house has worked great from the beginning, but not so with the other one. 4 months of frustration trying to get it less choppy etc. Line tests always showed no jitter or packet loss, but low QOS. TW replaced the modem several time, numerous truck rolls, etc. Hmmmmm.

Well, this week I switched to FiOS and all of the problems are gone! Perfect everything. So all along it was indeed the TW service at the one home. I will keep the TW service at the mountain home.

2 cents. :-)
#71547 by nn5i
Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:23 pm
cylooma wrote:It's better to keep a happy wife than save the monthly phone bill. Good luck to you.

Oh, I don't know. Where I live (Tallahassee), there are maybe four or five ways to get phone service. Lessee -- Ooma, Comcast, Sprint, and I guess one or two others. But even right here in little old Tallahassee there are well over 100,000 women.

Happy New Year!