Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#71347 by junaid5
Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:41 pm
I just signed up with Verizon for Unlimited calling to 120 countries for $30.00 a month :shock: . I would like to program OOma to use my landline for those 120 countries or each time 00+country code is dialed, OOma uses the landline to dial out :D . Also, Canada and other countries should go out thru the landline. I do not want any incoming calls on Verizon.

I know the current solution would be to have 2 separate phone sets, but I would love to do all with 1 set. (Already have 4 Panasonic handsets)

Otherwise I am perfectly happy with OOMA, I use OOMA basic Telo.
#71354 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:39 pm
junaid5, this $30 a month, is that on top of your Verizon (Verizon World Plan Unlimited?) phone bill? How much is your total phone bill including the international plan gonna be?

A lot of people think they need "unlimited" international calling but in reality, they really don't. You maybe an exception but just in case, wanted to throw this in front of you.

Are the countries you want to call within Ooma's 70 international destinations? (Landlines and mobile lines included to 15 countries)

If so, check out my previous write up on "Ooma vs iTalkBB and Vonage World" comparing these "unlimited" plans to Ooma's Basic 1000 international plan.

If you are still reading, I bring up what I said before:

lbmofo wrote:If you don't call internationally, why would you want to subsidize other people's international calling and Vonage's exorbitant advertising expenditure by paying $33+ a month when you can get free home phone service from Ooma? Even if you need heavy international usage, why would you pay $33+ a month (or $28 with iTalkBB) when you can just spend $11.79 a month with Ooma?