Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#4908 by agreen2750
Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:37 am
Is there any discussion about OOMA implementing a Network Availability Number like Vonage has?

I don't want all my calls forwarded to my cell phone, but would like to not miss a call if my OOMA Hub cannot be found(someone who I care about will leave a message on my answering machine when I am not in the house and the call is connected and OOMA hub is found).

I would have thought this feature to be a no brainer.
#4922 by bw1
Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:21 am
If the ooma hub cannot be found (e.g. because of power loss or no internet connection) then the caller will be prompted to leave a voicemail. You'll be able to get your voicemail by calling your number and logging into your voicemail or thru email (if you have premier) or on your hub when it's back up.

You can also get notification of voicemail sent to email or SMS.
#5030 by agreen2750
Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 am
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but just so I am clear, is the voicemail kept on OOMA servers and not in the hub?

You imply that it is kept on OOMA servers since it will pick up if the HUB is not found. Just want to confirm.
#5070 by bw1
Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:54 am
I'm sure it is. I tested this by calling my ooma number after I had unplugged the hub and left a voicemail and then called back and retrieved the voicemail all while the hub was unplugged.