Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#70904 by fafurd
Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:15 pm
I'm frequently on phone bridges where there can be time of silence for 5 - 10 minutes. The problem is that Ooma appears to sense this this dead air and hangs up. Because of this, I have to keep calling in when someone IM's me asking if I'm still on the phone bridge. How can I fix this?
#70932 by EricJRW
Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:10 am
But it's only silence outbound (you are not talking / phone is muted) right? The conference call is still going on and someone is always speaking, right?

Your theory is good, that ooma would detect silence and hang up, but I would hope it means silence in both directions. I'm sure the conference call was considered in designing ooma and you would not be the first to notice this (of course I'm kinda new and this is the first time I've seen this subject).

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more on this, as my wife does a few conference calls per week too (so far no problem, but I don't know the particulars).
#70936 by EricJRW
Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:33 am
Thanks lb. I'll clue my wife in (she's an engineer, so she'll understand) of the potential issue and ask her to watch, err listen, for it.
#71190 by EricJRW
Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:29 pm
nn5i wrote:
EricJRW wrote:... I'm sure the conference call was considered in designing ooma ...

How could you possibly know that?

I guess it's the engineer in me showing... Of course I don't know, but based on how conference calls are used in this age of global hardware and software development, I'm sure there had to be least one conference call to China (where the hardware is made) and I suspect another one to where the software is developed/supported.

But yeah, I don't know... It would not be the first time the patently obvious was missed.