Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#70140 by jamie985
Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:50 pm
CS at least sends some emails to you before they ignore you; what does it take to get CS from OOMA?!!

Specifically, I have now been bumped up to the next support level, but it's been over 8 days and the "next level of support" has not contacted me or replied to my emails- what kind of service is that?

My issue is my Canon Imageclass MF8350 CDN sets off my OOMA "do not disturb" when printing or copying. Furthermore, it cuts off the phone if it is being used at this time- sending incoming calls directly to voicemail. When the phone rings, you can hear a relay reacting inside the printer. Clearly there is some kind of protocol problem.

I have changed my router, changed my operating system and changed the location of the Telo (before/after the router). They all produce the same problem.

8 days ago OOMA CS agreed that this needed to go to the next level after much pleading from me. And since then..nothing!!

Perhaps this venue will get their attention; this problem makes the OOMA a real problem to use.
#70144 by DTMF
Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:46 pm
Posting multiple identical threads is a good way to irritate hundreds of Ooma customers. Logrolling campaigns tend to get the cold shoulder in these forums.

You mentioned this appeared to be a protocol problem. Did you send Ooma some logs from a packet sniffer captured during a time when this issue was happening? If not, the only way they'll be able to verify your diagnosis and reproduce your issue is by acquiring the exact model of printer you have and running it in their own testbed. That might not be their highest priority for a fix that helps exactly one customer. ;)

You might try isolating the network traffic between the printer and the Telo by putting them in different subnets on your LAN or using a switch instead of a hub. That would both support your diagnosis and relieve you from the symptom.
#70164 by jamie985
Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:08 pm
OOMA support was stuck at the first level until 9 days ago. The purpose of posting this in two different forums was to get OOMA's CS attention; I"m sick of being shunted to a 3rd world support center. I assume OOMA monitors their own forums in which case any CS management worth anything would have someone contact me about this issue rather than ignore my support emails to them.
#70423 by tiger93az
Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:55 am
I am a new customer and have already had 2 bad experiences with Customer Support. Upon Install I had to find the solution because the CS Rep couldn't figure it out. My latest experience was asking why my CallerID wasn't working. CS reply, "Your carrier is blocking CallerID", which is completely false. I hope CS is not needed in the future. I like not paying for a land line, but what is my true cost if I can't get the support I need. Sorry to sound so negative.
#70427 by EricJRW
Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:18 am
tiger93az wrote:I am a new customer and have already had 2 bad experiences with Customer Support. Upon Install I had to find the solution because the CS Rep couldn't figure it out. My latest experience was asking why my CallerID wasn't working. CS reply, "Your carrier is blocking CallerID", which is completely false. I hope CS is not needed in the future. I like not paying for a land line, but what is my true cost if I can't get the support I need. Sorry to sound so negative.

You can find solutions to many problems (both common and uncommon ones) right here in the forums. It's always the first place I look (via the search feature). If my search terms don't find anything, I just start a new thread. There are some very helpful and knowledgeable people here... I strongly suggest you give the forums a shot next time you have a problem.
#70431 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:56 am
tiger93az wrote:I am a new customer and have already had 2 bad experiences with Customer Support. Upon Install I had to find the solution because the CS Rep couldn't figure it out. My latest experience was asking why my CallerID wasn't working. CS reply, "Your carrier is blocking CallerID", which is completely false. I hope CS is not needed in the future. I like not paying for a land line, but what is my true cost if I can't get the support I need. Sorry to sound so negative.

Are you using your landline number with Ooma (ie. landline integration mode)? If so, even if you subscribe to callerid on your landline, some folks have issues with incoming callerid; if you don't subscribe to callerid on your landline, then you won't get incoming callerid for sure.
#70440 by ntoy
Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:15 am

Hello tiger93az,

Your Ooma is configured with Landline integration. You can request a number change or consider porting your number.
#70446 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:14 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello tiger93az,

Your Ooma is configured with Landline integration. You can request a number change or consider porting your number.

Call customer service to change your Ooma to run in standalone mode with a new number assigned by Ooma.
When I started out, I had this callerid issue also in landline integration mode. I just waited for the port to finish and the problem was gone after port.