Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#68530 by sputnik1951
Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:29 pm
I have attempted to make an International call to a number in the United Kingdom approximately 7 times this afternoon and everytime Ooma states that the call "Cannot be Completed". In between the failed calls using my Ooma telo, I attempted to call the same phone number in the UK on my SKYPE service and it went through on the first attempt. The person I called was not on the phone at any time during my attempts with Ooma. I dialed the 011 + the UK phone number on Ooma (+44-0161XXXXXXX). I have submitted a support ticket with Ooma Question Reference #101107-000260.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas why the Ooma calls cannot be completed????
I have $50.00 credit in my account for calls.
#68535 by DTMF
Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:37 pm
There are some numbers in European and Latin American countries to which every call is the equivalent of collect... sort of a reverse version of US toll-free numbers. Those numbers may not accept calls that originate from VoIP. I don't know if the UK has numbers like that.
#68565 by sputnik1951
Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:14 am
I would like to thank "geobernd" for his suggestion about the number looking strange. I used his suggestion and dropped the (0) and got my parties home phone answering machine immediately. Again, the Forum is the best!!!! Still awaiting a response from Customer Support on this subject, be interested in what they tell me now. Still it is rather strange that I have been calling the identical phone number in the UK for 19 months on SKYPE without any issues with the (0) in the dialing sequence. Oh well, it looks like a solution has been found using Ooma thanks again to the terrific people that take the time to help others on the Forum.
#69318 by sputnik1951
Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:54 pm
Just an update for everyone. Here it is 11 days later and I have yet to hear back from Ooma about my problem calling the UK. I sent them another email about their lack of adequate Customer Support and still no response back. Very disturbing that Ooma does not even bother to follow-up on issues and emails about Customer Support, makes you want to re-consider your decision to use their service. Really is a crime shame that no one apparently gives a "crap" about their customers.
#69332 by lbmofo
Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:07 pm
Why not call into CS and then report that you found a solution for your ticket #. This way, they can add to their solutions database and others maybe helped more efficiently in the future.