Call to United Kingdom(Ooma cannot be completed)

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
sputnik1951

Call to United Kingdom(Ooma cannot be completed)

Post by sputnik1951 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:29 pm

I have attempted to make an International call to a number in the United Kingdom approximately 7 times this afternoon and everytime Ooma states that the call "Cannot be Completed". In between the failed calls using my Ooma telo, I attempted to call the same phone number in the UK on my SKYPE service and it went through on the first attempt. The person I called was not on the phone at any time during my attempts with Ooma. I dialed the 011 + the UK phone number on Ooma (+44-0161XXXXXXX). I have submitted a support ticket with Ooma Question Reference #101107-000260.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas why the Ooma calls cannot be completed????
I have $50.00 credit in my account for calls.

DTMF

Re: Call to United Kingdom(Ooma cannot be completed)

Post by DTMF » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:37 pm

There are some numbers in European and Latin American countries to which every call is the equivalent of collect... sort of a reverse version of US toll-free numbers. Those numbers may not accept calls that originate from VoIP. I don't know if the UK has numbers like that.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

geobernd

Post by geobernd » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:09 pm

+44-0161XXXXXXX looks strange. Normally there should be no leading 0 - e.g. you most probably need to dial +44-161XXXXXX
The 0 is used when calling domestically inside the UK....

sputnik1951

Post by sputnik1951 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:14 am

I would like to thank "geobernd" for his suggestion about the number looking strange. I used his suggestion and dropped the (0) and got my parties home phone answering machine immediately. Again, the Forum is the best!!!! Still awaiting a response from Customer Support on this subject, be interested in what they tell me now. Still it is rather strange that I have been calling the identical phone number in the UK for 19 months on SKYPE without any issues with the (0) in the dialing sequence. Oh well, it looks like a solution has been found using Ooma thanks again to the terrific people that take the time to help others on the Forum.

sputnik1951

Post by sputnik1951 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Just an update for everyone. Here it is 11 days later and I have yet to hear back from Ooma about my problem calling the UK. I sent them another email about their lack of adequate Customer Support and still no response back. Very disturbing that Ooma does not even bother to follow-up on issues and emails about Customer Support, makes you want to re-consider your decision to use their service. Really is a crime shame that no one apparently gives a "crap" about their customers.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:07 pm

Why not call into CS and then report that you found a solution for your ticket #. This way, they can add to their solutions database and others maybe helped more efficiently in the future.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!