Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#68367 by oompah
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:10 pm
One of our friends, with whom we speak quite regularly, has suddenly started getting a recording something to the effect of her call being blocked whenever she calls us, just in the last few weeks. We have an Ooma Telo with basic service - so no call blocking, blacklists, etc. This shouldn't be possible. She has to call us from her cell and we call her back on her landline now. ??????
#68395 by Jerry_NA
Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:19 pm
Welcome to Ooma forums. As another Ooma customer, I must say I have never heard your problem before... Are you out of your free Premier trial period? If not, then check your account on my.ooma.com to verify that your friend is not accidentally showing up on a blacklist. Also check if Anonymous Call Blocking is enabled. (No offense meant- some free trial periods are quite long, and people forget.) If you are certain that you are not in Premier status (which seems likely) then (a) get the exact wording of the call blocking announcement, and (b) call Customer Service to have them check this out. Could be a mistaken entry in the spam caller blocking list. It may not even be an Ooma issue, but a local carrier problem of some kind. Good luck.
#68402 by oompah
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:14 pm
Thanks, Jerry. No, we are well out of the Premier trial period and I have checked to make sure that Ooma did not somehow suddenly give us a blacklist. No such animal. We will try to get our friends to remember or record the message and send it to Ooma support, if this is a totally new one. Although my recollection is that, as Basic subscribers, they will now hit us with something like $20/call for support. Sigh.