Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#68136 by gwwing
Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:54 pm
For the last week couple of weeks I have not been able to call my local friends without going through an load of BS from a privacy manager. My calls are stopped and the message is ... the phone that I am calling does not take unidentified calls... This is a new development and my friends have not installed a new privacy manager service. My outgoing CID seems to be working ok for most calls, however, When I called another Ooma number out of state my CID shows with 1 1 and then my area code and number. Calls to a local number that goes through shows 1 and then the area code and number. Anyone have a similar type of problem? I have had Ooma since 2/09 and have been happy with it until now. Calls to tech help have not been able to take care of the problem. My preferences for call blocking has been unchecked. Even using *82 have not helped. Calls to most cell phones seem to be working ok as well.
#68138 by lbmofo
Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:58 pm
If your outgoing number shows up, it is your friend's privacy manager having issues.
#68140 by nn5i
Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:05 pm
lbmofo wrote:If your outgoing number shows up, it is your friend's privacy manager having issues.

If it shows up incorrectly but other callers' CID shows correctly, that can hardly be his friend's privacy manager having issues.