Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#67613 by Sturta
Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:54 pm
Hi everyone. Just purchased and installed Ooma Telo over the weekend, and am having a problem placing outbound calls. When calling a number that eventually goes to voicemail, once the voicemail picks up, nothing happens. There is a noise on the line, but the voicemail prompts can not be heard. Using *99 ( I found it in this thread) before the call makes it possible to hear the person's voice mail recording, but I don't want to have to use this before every call. Can anyone help a new user out?
#67655 by ntoy
Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:01 am
Hello,

I see that your telo is configured with your Landline. Do you have voicemail service on your Landline? If you have new vmails, do you hear a stutter dialtone? - If so, try clearing or deleting the messages. Then try calling.
#67670 by Sturta
Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:44 pm
Incoming calls haven't been too much of a problem except when trying to get them on call waiting. We had 1 drop off when someone was calling in but no more. We have been having majors problems calling out. When we call anyone at a residence the phone rings until someone/answering machine picks up then we get the Ooma dial tone and the call is lost. We don't have voicemail on our landline just voicemail with Ooma. We do however get a stutter dial tone at times.
#67676 by ntoy
Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:05 pm
Hello,

The stutter dialtone is probably the cause. You may want to contact our support folks & have them change you to an Ooma number. If you are satisfied, you may want to consider porting your number down the road.
#67698 by Sturta
Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:27 pm
We are in process of porting our number right now. Do you think porting the number will be the fix and we should just deal until November 8th when they said this would be done?
#67699 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:52 pm
I would call customer service and get a number assigned and have your ooma run in standalone mode.

Forward your Comcast # to your assigned ooma number (*72 + 10 digit number); running standlone means you won't be feeding any dialtone to ooma's wall port. Much cleaner with less chance of any bugs.