Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#62938 by angrysquirrel
Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:16 pm
Hello Folks,

My setup is internet ----> cable modem -----> ooma core -----> asus router ---- > computer.

I've been reading the forums on port forwarding but for some reason when I do this my router doesn't seem to want to connect to the ooma hub.

Here's what I have set on the ooma core: Image

Here's what I have set up on the asus router: Image

From my reading in the forums, all I think I should need to do is to change the setting on the asus router to 172.27.35.2 with the subnet of 255.255.255.0

When I do the change I can't get access to the asus router when I type in 172.27.35.2 in the browser. Could you folks please explain what I need to do? Thanks!
#63089 by angrysquirrel
Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:50 am
The IP numbers seem to plug in fine but the port forwarding doesn't seem to work. My utorrent says a firewall / router seems to be blocking incoming traffic and that I need to open a port so that others can connect to me.

I am forwarding it to port 80 and utorrent is also set to port 80 but its' still red.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
#63090 by murphy
Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:57 am
If you just want to forward port 80, blank out the DMZ address.
Many residential ISPs block incoming port 80 because their terms of service prohibit running a server.