Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#62776 by roadshow
Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:55 am
iI have had OOMA for 3 weeks without any major issues. Last week my mom decided to buy it and give it a try. everything was great the first 2-3 days, but then she started having problems. anyone calls she makes aren't going through. Now calls won't even come in. We have tried everything, rebooting the hub, doing a master reset of the hub, adjusting the upload bandwidth. But nothing seems to work. sometimes we have to reboot her hub 4 times to get the blue light. She has cable internet with the same provider I do, and her speeeds up and down look great on speedtest.

I'm going to bring my hub to her house today, and see if I have any issues there. I feel like it's a bad hub at this point.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
#62789 by southsound
Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:44 am
Don't forget the possibility of a bad cable. We've had a couple of folks say that their problems were fixed by a simple swap of the network cable. Keep us posted.
#62804 by roadshow
Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:51 am
Thanks southsound. I will definitely swap out the cable the next time I'm there. Strange, today it's working fine again. She did say that her neighbors were having problems with their cable TV for the past couple of days, but their Internet was OK. Maybe it is a Time Warner problem. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, she's not very "techie". I will sleep better when it's fixed. :)