Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#62334 by VoIP
Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:47 am
Wizard1 wrote:I am in Cleveland, Ohio. This problem must spam over other areas besides Georgia.

OK, I've since seen another user check in from FL with the problem. Must have been coincidence that about 4 or 5 users in this thread were from Georgia.
#62342 by demaximis
Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:22 am
VoIP wrote:
Wizard1 wrote:I am in Cleveland, Ohio. This problem must spam over other areas besides Georgia.

OK, I've since seen another user check in from FL with the problem. Must have been coincidence that about 4 or 5 users in this thread were from Georgia.

Unfortunately, I am another metro Atlanta user (area code 678) with the same problem. I'm a little concerned because I'm a brand-new OOMA customer, and I just registered to have my POTS number ported this morning before trying (unsuccessfully) to call my OOMA temporary number from work and cell (busy signal or "line is busy" recording, respectively). The WAF on this investment is going to go down significantly if the service is not as reliable as a landline.

I'm started digging into the forums, and there appear to be some threads about what happens when outages/service problems crop up, and even a twitter account to check. However, none of these mentioned any problems.

I did just try to call customer service, and the recording stated that there was indeed a service problem and that they are working on it (without giving any detail about the problem or the estimated time of repair). It was nice to know, but it would also be nice to know what affected the service and when it is back up -- preferably in an easy to check location on the main site. Having to dig through the forums for the information, and piece it together via customer-by-cusomter complaints is a little customer-service unfriendly.
#62343 by wpwood3
Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:27 am
demaximis wrote:It was nice to know, but it would also be nice to know what affected the service and when it is back up -- preferably in an easy to check location on the main site. Having to dig through the forums for the information, and piece it together via customer-by-cusomter complaints is a little customer-service unfriendly.
I agree 100%
Ooma needs a "Service Status" webpage that can be checked and has RRS (or something similar) to automatically notify customers when there is an outage. This is crazy!