Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:08 pm
I am hoping that someone can help me. About 2 weeks ago we started having difficulty placing phone calls. Sometimes it works without issue; however, more often them not one of two things happen:
1. The phone will ring and then sound as if someone has picked up (no more ringing). At this point, if we attempt to talk for about 30 seconds eventually the person on the other end will hear us.
2. When an answering machine/service picks up it seems as though we cannot hear anything. An example would be calling my work phone and attempting to leave myself a message. If I call I do not hear anything; yet I know that the connection was made since if I go to work the next morning I can hear myself rambling.
Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on? Incoming calls seem to work without any issue.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:44 am
We are having a similar problem. Long distance seems to work find most of the time, but when placing a local call we'll hear a long ring followed by several short rings then silence. If we stay on the line sometimes the phone connects, but 9 times out of ten we just hear silence and the person receiving the call has picked up and can hear us, but we cannot hear anything.
We had a similar problem last fall when we first hooked Ooma up. Tech support said it was a local routing issue and fixed the problem, but here it is again. Went through all the trouble shooting with three different tech support folks on the phone last week and haven't heard anything else. Help?
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:52 pm
Same problem here, but it seems to be restricted to certain numbers. Usually, I hear a slight difference in ring after the first one, but for the problem number that doesn't happen. I hear ringing on my end, even though the person has picked up on the other end. Eventually, they hang up and I get a busy signal. I've made a number of calls today, but only had problems with one particular number. I've called it three or for times after that to check, but same thing every time. If they call me back, no problem. It's my parents' number, and I call them fairly regularly. If I can't continue to do so, the Ooma isn't going to work for me. I need to have a reliable connection to check on them.