Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#61325 by wpwood3
Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:28 pm
I have a Telo Handset and 3 Panasonic cordless phones. The base for the Panny phones is connected to the phone port on the Telo.

I'm not sure if this is "normal" or not...
I just noticed that the line number on the Telo used by the Telo Handset is always red and blinking when the Telo Handset is off hook. The line number used by any of the Panny handsets is always red and solid when one of the Panny's is off hook.

Is that the way it is supposed to work? Is there some significance to the line number blinking when the Telo Handset is in use?
#61327 by murphy
Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:32 pm
That is the way it works. The blinking line number indicates that the line is in use by a handset.
#61331 by ajw522
Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:49 pm
It basically means that the line is being used by a phone other than the one plugged into the PHONE port on the Telo or Hub. So for Telo, it means that a handset is in use. For Hub, it means that a Scout is in use.
#61333 by wpwood3
Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:04 pm
Thanks guys!

I figured that but, had to ask. This is our first week using Ooma as our only home phone system so I am trying to be alert to how the system works and what is normal vs abnormal. So far, all of the calls in and out have been great.

I do think that people on the other end hear me better when I am using the Panasonic handsets instead of the Telo Handset. It seems that they ask me to repeat myself on the Telo Handset but, this rarely happens on the Panasonics. However, we haven't been using the Telo very long so we need more time with it to say for sure.
#61335 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:07 pm
Leave yourself voicemails at a landline service (such as your work) to do exhaustive studies on quality :)