Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#59477 by doofdaddy
Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:51 am
Everything was working fine until recently.

When I call out on the Ooma phone and the other person picks up, my phone keeps ringing, but they hear nothing. It usually takes about 10 seconds before the Ooma quits ringing and I can start to talk. Of course, by that time, most people have hung up.

The other issue when calling out, is that many times the phone will ring for a few seconds and then just go to a busy signal after a few seconds. I've tested this by calling a number of phones and this happens consistently even though I can verify that the phone isn't busy.

Any solutions?
#59480 by southsound
Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:16 am
This is most likely an issue with the terminating partner that ooma uses in your area. Make a list of the times, numbers called, results and contact ooma support at 888 711-6662. Ask to be escalated to a Tier 2 support person. They should be able to work with their partner in your area and clear up the routing or other issues that are causing the problem. If that does not work, sending a PM to ntoy, one of ooma's moderators and super techs will be your next step. I would strongly suggest the log and phone call first. :cool:
#63457 by zac439
Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:51 pm
Hi guys!

Sorry to bring up a somewhat-old thread, but I'm having the same problem.
It happens on a lot of numbers, and randomly. I think it may be an issue with my Internet QoS settings. I use Mediacom as an ISP.

I setup my router to do QoS properly. Tried putting the Ooma first too, it happened even more frequently then.

Anyway, I will give the number a call you listed. Just wanted to voice this is a problem I'm having too :)
#63462 by renatae
Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:43 pm
I am having trouble over the last two days calling my mother in the 330 area code, which is out of state for me. Three phone calls show on my log as having connected, but I just hear a ringing phone and she just hears dead air. She's in assisted living and I'm upset to know how many others have been having this problem without much acknowledgment.

I had problems calling Ohio during that Eastern service issue on the 17th, also, and most of my problems seem to date from that time on. I can get through to my brother who lives near her, but today I had to get a message to her to call me, and thankfully she was able to get through. She is on Ameritech, not Comcast, no VOIP.

I'll try the suggestion above - thank you!