Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#59239 by virgusa
Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:00 pm
There are 2 Area codes in my city. I can dial one with area code and number. The other area code I get a fast busy when I dial area code and number. I have Ooma hub and am in process of porting my number. I did figure out that the area code that gives the fast busy will work if do not not dial an area code and just dial the xxx-xxxx number.

Anyone know if that will be the case after porting? My temp Ooma number, that I do not use, is the area code that works dialing area code and xxx-xxxx number.
#59247 by virgusa
Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:25 am
I did change that last night. Should have posted that. Enabling 10 digit dialing did not make any difference.

Thanks for the reply though.
#59263 by lbmofo
Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:12 am
What you are describing is the behavior of the system when you do not enable 10 digit dialing.

Without 10 digit dialing enabled on my ooma website, need to omit the area code when dialing a number if it has the same area code as your ooma number, otherwise, would get fast busy.
#59291 by virgusa
Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:45 pm
I checked "My Ooma" just to be sure 10 digit calling was enabled and it was not. I was just sure that I had changed that but when I looked it was not checked. The area code I was having problems with was the one that was NOT the same as my Ooma number. Thanks for the help.