Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#56595 by jstuartdavis
Tue May 25, 2010 12:28 pm
Setup:

Telo with wired phone base attached
Telo Handset
Two phone numbers: aaa-aaa-aaaa and bbb-bbb-bbbb
line 1 is the number aaa-aaa-aaaa
line 2 is the number bbb-bbb-bbbb

I would like all calls going to bbb-bbb-bbbb to only go the the Telo handset, and the calls for aaa-aaa-aaaa to go to the wired phone. Is there a way to accomplish this?

I would also like the bbb number to display on my outgoing caller id when I call from the Telo Handset. Is this possible.
#56596 by murphy
Tue May 25, 2010 12:31 pm
Make the Telo Handset a personal device and assign the bbb number to it.
#56597 by jstuartdavis
Tue May 25, 2010 12:41 pm
Thanks. That worked. :D

OK, Now that I have my Telo assigned to line 2, and my cordless phone assigned to line 1, if someone is talking on line 1, can another person pick up another cordless handset on that line and start a new call?
#56598 by bw1
Tue May 25, 2010 12:46 pm
jstuartdavis wrote:Thanks. That worked. :D

OK, Now that I have my Telo assigned to line 2, and my cordless phone assigned to line 1, if someone is talking on line 1, can another person pick up another cordless handset on that line and start a new call?

No, the "instant second line" can only be used with a Telo handset (for the Telo system), and requires a subscription to Premier.

All cordless handsets that are part of a cordless phone system are treated as one phone. If you pick up another handset, it will only conference into the same phone call.
#56601 by jstuartdavis
Tue May 25, 2010 12:50 pm
bw1 wrote:

No, the "instant second line" can only be used with a Telo handset (for the Telo system), and requires a subscription to Premier.

All cordless handsets that are part of a cordless phone system are treated as one phone. If you pick up another handset, it will only conference into the same phone call.

OK, I have Premier, but I'd need a 2nd Telo handset for that functionality.
#56603 by bw1
Tue May 25, 2010 12:56 pm
jstuartdavis wrote:
bw1 wrote:

OK, I have Premier, but I'd need a 2nd Telo handset for that functionality.

No, you can just use one Telo handset and the regular phone (corded or cordless) connected to the phone port on the Telo.

You should be able to try it now.