Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#69118 by sbanau
Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:35 am
I too have the same issue. Two years with Ooma without an issue and now, for the last three weeks, my second line will ring once and then go directly to voice mail. This happens about 50% of the time. I haven't called Ooma yet. Has anyone else had this issue?
#69171 by geobernd
Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:33 pm
Just had one of these occurances again while testing latency:
Once ring and then straight to vM
See missed call on my account at 9:29am

This is not raising my confidence level in ooma being a carrier that can replace my vonage line...
#69182 by scooterdog
Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:31 pm
Same problem here - Ooma hub and scout user for the past 6 months.

Problem seems to be inconsistent, something like 70% one ring to v/m and 30% the ring goes through.

Through my.ooma.com the ring has been set to the maximum number, and no cellphone option.

Help!
#69190 by murphy
Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:03 am
Try setting the ring setting to a lower value.
#70647 by embra
Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:29 am
Interesting to see these reports--I, too, have been using Ooma for a year and a half with very little problem, and then within the last few weeks we've been getting this single-ring rollover to voicemail. It seems intermittent, and I've not yet nailed down the conditions under which it happens. We have one line premier service, and I'm sure that at least some times (maybe all the time) it has happened when no one was using the phone. Call forwarding is enabled to my cell only for network outage, not for multi-ring.

After reading the posts here in this thread, I reviewed my settings--is this Mobile Ooma a new thing? I saw that it was enabled (apparently the default) even though I'm not otherwise set up to use it. I toggled that off and will see if it makes any difference.

Hmm...I have anonymous call block with rollover to voicemail enabled. I wonder if that's the culprit. I'm thinking not (at least, not for all of them) because I can bring up the number on caller ID. However, I think I'll disable that feature for a while and see if it makes a difference.

Edit: I missed the long thread about this topic; looks like it's server-side and the fix is scheduled to roll out soon.