Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#54876 by cactus-rose
Thu May 06, 2010 10:09 am
When having issues with Ooma ... for example:

-dropped calls
-unable to dial out
-call waiting with caller ID
caller id not working
not able to answer call
-voice mail
-Caller ID (regular)

Who helps resolve these issues?

Is Ooma really worth having if no one fixes these problems?
#54877 by sfhub
Thu May 06, 2010 10:21 am
EDIT: I saw in your other post there was an earlier reply from ntoy that there is a bug with accepting call-waiting calls using flash when you have landline integration. That seems to indicate once your port is done, it will work correctly.

Simple problems, front-line support can handle. More difficult ones that involve back-end configuration, front-line support usually escalates, sometimes to an engineer.

Until you reach 2nd level support, don't take it personal. Almost all companies have this type of structure these days.

I think front-line support should be able to handle dropped calls and unable to dial out problems. Voicemail maybe. Caller-ID, they probably have to escalate.

If all else fails, you can try contacting ntoy or Bobby B, but personally I think you have a lot of problems and it would be best to wittle that down first.

Dropped calls is usually (but not always) a problem with reliability of your Internet connection, which can include router and/or cable modem issues.

Unable to dial out is usually (but not always) a problem with setup.

Call waiting with caller id, there were some problems before with certain brands and they put in a partial fix. Search the forums for CWCID

Unclear what the specific problem with Voicemail or Caller ID is, but probably those are back-end configuration issues that are best handled by escalation.