Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#2329 by idgaf
Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:11 pm
I'm a BlackBerry user who gets his ooma voicemails through BIS/IMAP as well and this is not a codec issue. This is an issue with the embedded message. When I forward the embedded message to my BlackBerry, it's attached WAV file plays just fine.

You guys really need to push back on your voicemail vendor to fix this because it's just plain dumb. Why would anyone embed a message in a message with an attachment? I cannot think of one practical use for that over directly attaching to the message.

Other than this strange inconvenience, I am very satisfied with ooma and I for one would be 100% satisfied if this was resolved.
#2332 by Bobby B
Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:40 pm
We think we have a working fix for the embedded message problem on voicemail attachments. We've also added mp3 encoding of the voicemail attachment to make it faster to download. The fix should start rolling into our QA process soon.
#9129 by oohma
Tue May 05, 2009 1:19 pm
With the news that voice mails now arrive as MP3 attachments I gave this another test.

Happy to report that the problems for me are fixed. I can now listen to voicemails on any of my email accounts using my iphone.

Woohoo!

Now if I could only make calls to my work place... (when I call my office I don't hear a ring nor when they pick up. They always hang up on me. We have sip trunking to a cisco phone). See this thread: http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1098