Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#283 by Konnerth
Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:54 pm
Hi,

I've been playing around with the new voice mail attachments feature and it's been very handy. I've noticed that the .WAV file seems to be attached to an embedded message, not the main e-mail message. This is OK when I am at my desktop, but my BlackBerry doesn't seem able to open the embedded message to get to the voice attachment.

I know I could just call ooma to listen to my message, but it would be useful (and cheaper) to just listen to the .WAV attachment. I confirmed that the BlackBerry can play the .WAV file if attached to a (non-embedded) message. Is there any way to change this or is there another BlackBerry workaround?

Thanks,

---Karl
#290 by Bobby B
Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:16 pm
Hi Karl,

We've found this problem with embedded attachments in the mail message to also be present with the iPhone mail's client as well (it seems to work in Windows Mobile 6.X OK).

We realize this is a hobbling limitation for ooma's mobile users. Right now we're trying to think of a way to resolve or workaround this problem. Unfortunately, I don't think the solution for this problem will be a quick fix -- we'll try to keep users updated on this issue.

-Bobby
#624 by oohma
Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:49 pm
Any progress on fixing this issue?

I've got an iPhone and am coming from a competing service that attaches the .wav files so they work. This doesn't seem like rocket science... just formatting the email properly.

Have just started my 30 day eval period...

(The attachments work fine in Apple Mail)
#626 by Dennis P
Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:30 pm
Unfortunately we don't have much control/influence over our current voicemail server (hope to address this issue soon). But if you have upgraded your iPhone to 2.0 or later, encapsulated mail messages work correctly when viewing on an iPhone that pulls the message from a Yahoo account. We're not quite sure why, but the same message when pulled from a Gmail or .Mac account does not work. Exchange also works for me (using ActiveSync), although other customers have reported that it does not work when polling an Exchange server through IMAP.
#627 by oohma
Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:59 am
My home email address is IMAP and that wasn't working.

I tested forwarding to my work email which is Exchange/Active Sync and, as you indicate, it does work. So that at least is a workaround though I'd prefer not to have my home voicemail going through work's server.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Owen
#1075 by dpakman
Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:47 pm
I am having the same issue. This is silly. Is it really that hard to send an email with a single .wav attachment? I cannot open ooma voicemail attachments on a blackberry. Please fix. Makes ooma remote voicemail unusable.
#1191 by mjc90
Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:12 pm
I also use the iPhone with IMAP and it doesn't work. Just wanted to register my concern and interest in having this resolved. One of the reasons I want this is so that when I am travelling (which I do often), I will get my voice messages without having to call in. Will save me some cell minutes which is always a good thing.
#1218 by Dennis P
Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:03 pm
We're taking a look at this. Our current voicemail system does not allow us to customize the format of the attachment (believe me, we've tried). We're currently looking at ways to "hack" around the problem.
#2123 by gadgetnut
Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:08 am
One more user responding: the voicemail .wav attachments from ooma do not come through on my iPhone, and incidentally .wav messages do come through from my other VOiP provider... I'm really missing this feature. Thanks.