Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#47124 by Artaud
Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:56 am
Hey...

I just installed my Ooma Telo and started the porting process to transfer my number yesterday.

So obviously I am new to the system.

My old company is Comcast, but I still have my account with them until the porting process is complete.

My problem is that I can call OUT perfectly...and initially when people tried to call IN, it was going directly to my Comcast voicemail.

So I cancelled my voicemail with Comcast but now when people try to call in they are getting a message that says:

"We're sorry...due to telephone company trouble your call cannot be completed at this time, will you please try your call again later?"

So...does anyone have any solutions as to how I can get my incoming calls?

Thanks!
#47125 by gunfyter
Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:07 am
Calls to your temporary OOMA number are going to Comcast voicemail?

You cannot receive calls on the OOMA using your comcast number ... until the port is COMPLETE!

My guess:
It sounds like you plugged your telephone into the OOMA. Of course you can call out then, using the temp OOMA number. But when people call in (to your Comcast number)... there is no phone plugged into the wall ... so it goes to voice mail ... because the Comcast number has not yet been ported to the OOMA.

You could use call forwarding on your Comcast number ... to forward all calls to your new temp OOMA number.

Disclosure: I am not a phone or computer tech ... but I occasionally play one on the message board. :D