Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#46781 by Roaster
Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:21 pm
I set up the telo last night, my issuses are, I can not recieve any calls. I try to call from cell, magicjack, and landland and I hear one or two rings on the phone I am calling from then it goes to 3 buzy signals, then dead air. I do not have a red envolope it is blue. I don't have any numbers on black list either. Any ideas??

Second any time I try to make a long distance call ooma seems to inject my area code into the call, then the area code I actually dial. So I am not able to make long distant calls. Strange thing though, I was able to call CS and got a ticket.

Thanks for any help,

Roaster
Last edited by Roaster on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
#46790 by DTMF
Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:01 pm
Are you set up as modem -> Ooma -> router or modem -> router -> Ooma?
#46959 by amoney
Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:42 pm
Did you integrate with the landline when you first activated?

Is your Ooma connected to your wall phone jack?

When you call out what is the caller ID the other receiver gets?

Do you get a temporary Ooma number?

(Note my questions are not inorder of troubleshooting, I am just throwing questions out their for more detail)
#46976 by Roaster
Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:51 pm
No did not integrate with landline.

No not connected to wall outlet.

The number shows up properly on caller ID when I am making a call.

Not sure yet but I think I know whats up. Depending on what phone I use to call the ooma number it may tell me the number is not in service. So I am thinking that whatever phone company had the number when last in use has the control over the number right now. Just a guess. I went to my ooma preferences and did an add number to my ooma (not sure what this does) and called the new added number and our phones rings ect. just fine.
#46978 by amoney
Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:56 pm
Contact support to investigate routing of the new Ooma number you have, if you dont care about the number, ditch it for another, its perhaps the quickest solution.
#46983 by southsound
Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:44 pm
You need to call customer service at 888 711-6662 and they can do it for you. Make sure to tell that you are having problems with that number or they will charge you 11.95 to change it. This one should be free.