Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#40388 by huynhl
Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:49 pm
I just got Ooma Telo a few days ago. I was assigned a new phone number, everything works fine, until I try to call my own phone number, I expected to hear a busy signal, but to my surprise, there was another guy answered my phone, and he said he is a digital Comcast customer and he had this phone number for more 3 years. I am using Comcast Internet Service and have this phone number from Ooma, I just wondered why we have telephone numbers conflicted. That guy and I have the same phone number 503 328-XXXX. I don't know why this is happening?
#40390 by Groundhound
Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:59 pm
If you have a cell phone, call it from your Ooma line and note the caller-ID number received by the cell. Then call that number back from your cell - what happens?
#40391 by huynhl
Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:27 pm
I tried that before it worked, now it doesn't. I used my cell phone to call my ooma phone, my ooma phone rang before, now that guy's phone rang and my home phone (ooma phone) did not. I use my ooma phone to call my cell phone, my cell phone rang and my cell phone is displaying 503 328-XXXX which is my ooma phone number also that guy's phone number. Look like don't have a problem to call out but have problem to receive a phone called in.
#40409 by Groundhound
Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:52 am
Hard to understand how it would ever work the first time for an inbound call from a non-Ooma line. Probably the fastest fix is to get another Ooma number via customer service.
#40427 by huynhl
Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:12 am
Mystery solved. I checked my log call from both my cell phone and Ooma phone, when I dialed my own number the numbers have been transposed. There is no telephone numbers conflict. My mistakes. Please delete this topic. I am very happy with Ooma so far.

Thanks,
#40463 by southsound
Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:15 am
You might want to go to your original post and edit the title. Something like: RESOLVED - Telephone number conflict.

Your experience will help others so I believe it is better to leave the post but simply edit the subject. Welcome to ooma and I'm glad things are working now.