Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#39489 by Kat
Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:01 am
Jan 2 Update:
Not solved, after all. Regardless of the dialing prefix method, I'm getting 90% failures with Canadian numbers. I have a support ticket going. I'll let you know the result.

Thanks,
-Andris
------------------------------------

Solved: I was able to reach tech support... (about 10 minute hold). They informed me that to dial Canada, you actually need to use the same dial prefix that you would do for other countries - 011 + Country Code + rest of phone#.
E.g. 011 1 416-555-1212
After I got over the shock of this strange behavior, I tried it and it worked.

So, FYI... And BTW, no mention of this in docs, FAQ's or KB. Ooma, this sounds like good info to add...

Ooma: Request for Enhancement... Please allow Canada dialing to use regular 1+ dialing, like the rest of the telephone industry.

Thanks,
-Kat
-----------------------------------

Hi, I just activated my Telo from Costco, and now I'm trying to take advantage of that credit.

When I try to call to Canada (multiple numbers), I either get:
1) One ring, and then silence
2) I get a voice message: Your call can not be completed at this time.

I noticed other folks in threads complaining about similar threads. Can anyone who has knowledge on how this might be resolved fire back a reply?

Thanks! Much appreciated...
-Katman
Last edited by Kat on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#39624 by Soundjudgment
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:03 pm
Kat wrote:Solved: to dial Canada, you actually need to use the same dial prefix that you would do for other countries - 011 + Country Code + rest of phone#.
E.g. 011 1 416-555-1212
After I got over the shock of this strange behavior, I tried it and it worked.

... Wait! You mean Canadians are foreigners?? :o
#39753 by Kat
Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:49 pm
soundjudgement wrote:... Wait! You mean Canadians are foreigners?? :o

Depends on who you talk to...

Anyway, perhaps I spoke too soon. Today, I'm having 80% failure calling Canada (4 out of 5 #'s), regardless of dialing method (1+ or 0111+). Interestingly, my one successful call was made using good ol' 1+.

Is it just me, or are others having problems dialing Canadian numbers?

-Kat
#39768 by amoney
Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:10 pm
I cant help but chuckle. Oh Ooma... is it really that hard to devise a product to work as intended.

If anyone would like to see the brainics of Ooma...

https://www.ooma.com/company/team

May God help us and Ooma.

:P

(there was a better picture of Ooma's team, very surprising Ooma is a very small company, I recently saw a web page of all the corporate office employees but I think Ooma changed it on the webpage now)