Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#37806 by lightstorm
Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:19 am
Good morning everyone,
Ooma Telo's been pretty easy to setup, then troubleshoot...but this one perplexes me.

I have the Ooma device in my DMZ on my Apple Time Capsule. Have the upload kicked up to 4000kbs. So call quality and dropout have been improved.

However, a lot of times, we get the dialtone, dial and hear silence. No ringing on the other end. Most times we hang up and try again but on one particular call I didn't hear any sound until someone picked up the line. This happens on both our cordless phones and the one Telo handset I have connected.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It also seems to take the Telo quite awhile sometimes to 'recycle' itself to give you a dialtone. Anyone seen this either?

Thanks in advance,
Marc
#38534 by TechExplorer
Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:41 pm
a bug is present in system if using 10 digit # marked in pref. on your account in myooma account, this is where you do not need to dial a 1 1st for long distance calls. advice if this bothers you just unmark this feature until bug is removed from system software later.