Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#37002 by jganders
Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:22 pm
re: Telo.
All lights are solid blue except the '1' button which is solid orange and the play button which is blinking orange.
I know i have 2 voice mails cuz i can see them in my ooma.
>> Pressing the orange play button does nothing. While pressing play, the ooma light turns purple.

All other system appear good. receiving calls. i think the volume button is working but not sure, but I hear no sound from the box. a few days ago i pressed the play button and got the ooma intro voice mail.

help appreciated.
#37008 by Groundhound
Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:52 pm
jganders wrote:All lights are solid blue except the '1' button which is solid orange

Your Telo is detecting off-hook on the phone connected to the Telo's phone port. Temporarily disconnect that phone and the line 1 button should turn blue. Then press the play button and adjust volume if necessary.
#37069 by jganders
Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:31 am
So thats what the solid orange '1' button means.

Knowing that, when I picked up the handset i noticed that the blue '2' button went orange. The button turned back to blue when i set the handset down. (not an ooma handset). That means Ooma thought I had 2 lines. My handset was line 2 and line 1 belonged to some virtual handset out there in la la land.

>> I powered off/on the Telo and it came back up with the handset now connected to the '1' button. Fixed. All systems blue!

Ooma may be buggy but i'm gonna stick with it. i'm a software/computer engineer, working on web development (LAMP) the past 6 years. I have a lot of experience and patience working with and fixing bugs. Besides, my home office nbr has been costing me $21/mo for AT&T. I'm looking to port the nbr to Oooma when things get stable and I develop some trust in the network.

Thanx,
Jim