Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#36275 by rmallico
Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:25 pm
Currently we are waiting on our number port. Supposed to happen in the next 10 days... This brings two questions...

1. Comcast is currently handling incoming calls... voicemails are going to our Comcast account until the port is done. How can I get voicemails from our handset that is connected to OOMA for outgoing calls currently?

2. Once the port is done how will my wife get voicemails from our existing handset? I am picking up a Telo handset in a week for the instant second line that will be for work so that line I know will have an alert a new VM is in...

Thanks!
#36279 by Groundhound
Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:42 pm
To get Ooma VM from a non-Telo handset connected to your Telo phone port, call your Ooma number.

To get your Comcast VM from an Ooma phone you would follow the Comcast instructions for checking VM away from home.
#36574 by dlynne
Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:42 am
I am in the same position as the OP. I have a hub, connected to my Vtech handset with answering machine. I am waiting for my number to be ported over from Comcast.

I am not receiving voicemail at all on my original Vtech handset or on the hub. Once the number is ported from Comcast, will I receive voicemail, or is there another problem that I should try to solve now?

Thanks in advance.
#36582 by murphy
Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:58 am
dlynne wrote:I am in the same position as the OP. I have a hub, connected to my Vtech handset with answering machine. I am waiting for my number to be ported over from Comcast.

I am not receiving voicemail at all on my original Vtech handset or on the hub. Once the number is ported from Comcast, will I receive voicemail, or is there another problem that I should try to solve now?

Thanks in advance.

Did you set up the voice mail on the hub? It won't work until you do.
Disable the answering machine in the Vtech base.