Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#35225 by Colorado44
Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:43 pm
About 2 weeks ago, the blue light on the Ooma tab of the hub stopped working. The system functioned fine and the dimmer dial was set all the way up, so I didn't worry about it. Now I am not getting any red flashing voicemail light even though the message shows in my account online. I have tried rebooting, recycling, etc. It is a real problem for me if I am not aware of voicemail by visually checking the hub. Any help on what might be wrong or what else I should try would be appreciated. I have had Ooma for a year now and love it and would hate to have to switch, but I have to get this resolved.
#35447 by Magus
Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:31 pm
Colorado44 wrote:About 2 weeks ago, the blue light on the Ooma tab of the hub stopped working. The system functioned fine and the dimmer dial was set all the way up, so I didn't worry about it. Now I am not getting any red flashing voicemail light even though the message shows in my account online. I have tried rebooting, recycling, etc. It is a real problem for me if I am not aware of voicemail by visually checking the hub. Any help on what might be wrong or what else I should try would be appreciated. I have had Ooma for a year now and love it and would hate to have to switch, but I have to get this resolved.

If all the lights are lit except for the play button during the reboot, either in solid red or flashing state, then you may well have to have your unit replaced. It could be a cold solder joint on the leads, a break on a connection track or a surface mount solder pad failure nearby.
#35483 by Colorado44
Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:27 am
No, I do not get the VM indicator light when there is a message. I did watch the buttons on a reboot and the play button did light when all the lights flashed on the bottom row. I had wondered if the unit might need replacing, but would hope that is not the case after barely a year of use, not to mention the expense.

I appreciate all of your help. I guess I will have to make a call to Tech Support and see what they say.