Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#34515 by chunk73
Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:23 am
When i call my parents house, which is an AT&T landline phone from my ooma line i get an error from the AT&T network stating that my call could not be completed because my caller id was not received. Now i do know that they have anonymous call rejection enabled on their line, however that brings up the question of why was my caller id information not transferred to their phone?

I dont have my number blocked in my ooma, i didnt dial *67 to block my number, when i call my cell phone from my ooma line my number shows up fine, when i call my work # which is also an AT&T PRI my number shows up fine.

It doesnt make sense.

Any ideas on what would be causing this to happen?
#34549 by Dante R
Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:16 pm
Looks like your number just ported on 11/21, is that correct?

It takes a week or 2 after a port completes to provision the Caller ID info. If you were to call yourself from your ooma hub to another phone you should see that you have no Caller ID info yet.
#34560 by chunk73
Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:25 pm
You guys are killing me. Everyone keeps telling me its the connection tone, i have had the tone disabled ever since the day they put it in the ooma lounge. My number ported over in February 2009 i dont know where you are getting the 11/21 date from Dante.

Please reference the following cases that i have open with your support staff for more info.

CS-6571
CS-13400
CS-14758
CS-20015
CS-20637
#35619 by Dante R
Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:36 pm
Don't see any emails from you but I took a look at the tickets you mentioned.

Apparently, from what I can see, we have actually provisioned and re-provisioned (and re-re-provisioned) your cname a number of times over the last few months.

Unfortunately there isn't much more provisioning we can do....

I'm curious if your CID is showing at all to anyone, maybe only certain people can't see it? ect..

What I am getting at here is that each terminating carrier has their own Caller ID database that must be updated. Some of them don't like to update very often in order to cut costs.

If you can, I would suggest you try and call a few friends, preferably on different telephone networks and see if any of them get your CID info.