Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#34268 by oomamax
Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:19 pm
I see how to access the OOMA voicemail from the Telo, and from the Telo handset, but how do you get to voicemail from a cordless phone elsewhere in the house? My Panasonic cordless phones are currently set up to dial the voicemail number for my landline (Verizon), which I will be getting rid of. Is there an OOMA voicemail number to dial from my cordless phones?

I want to access the OOMA VM without having to go to the Telo black box or the Telo handset.
#34273 by southsound
Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:32 pm
I don't know if it was on purpose, but you posted this question twice. If it was to make sure you were noticed, please consider that it will have the oposite effect.
#34274 by southsound
Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:34 pm
I don't know if it was on purpose, but you posted this question twice. If it was to make sure you were noticed, please consider that it will have the oposite effect.

Yes, I realize I posted this rather terse reply twice. I was trying to make a point to the OP. :P
#34343 by southsound
Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:36 pm
oomamax wrote:Double post was not on purpose - I just messed up. Also, didn't realize you just dial your own number for voicemail - I'm slowly learning this stuff.

I didn't mean to seem harsh. I'm glad that groundhound answered your question. And if it hasn't been said before, welcome to ooma and to the forums. Also feel free to whap me upside the head if I get harsh or uppity with a question. One of the many faults I'm still working on. But the good news is that I'm praying for lots of grace for all of the other forum members so they will forgive me when I mess up. :cool:
#34372 by oomamax
Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:07 am
southsound wrote:
oomamax wrote:Double post was not on purpose - I just messed up. Also, didn't realize you just dial your own number for voicemail - I'm slowly learning this stuff.

I didn't mean to seem harsh. I'm glad that groundhound answered your question. And if it hasn't been said before, welcome to ooma and to the forums. Also feel free to whap me upside the head if I get harsh or uppity with a question. One of the many faults I'm still working on. But the good news is that I'm praying for lots of grace for all of the other forum members so they will forgive me when I mess up. :cool:

Thanks Southsound. No need to whap you upside the head. By the way, I live in the northsound (Tulalip).

I'm still trying to decide whether to keep the handset - not sure it offers any real value.
#34413 by jann
Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:12 pm
oomamax wrote: I'm still trying to decide whether to keep the handset - not sure it offers any real value.

Just my $.02 worth...but, yes it offers value (once I can get mine fully working). I cannot wait until the other person in the house can pick up than d*mnable call waiting without me having to say: "Aunt Dottie, can you hold? I have another call." -- thus implying that the other person is far more important to me than Aunt Dottie is. Using the Handset, my husband can answer the call waiting cos the handset actually rings -- even if I am on the phone. This is something that only a managed PBX-style phone system in the house can approach.

One of the other things I like are "Instant Second Line". When I am on the phone using a normal cordless, Mike can pick up the Telo Handset and make a call too! I love that idea.

Just wanting you make sure you know just a few of the great things that Ooma is offering with the Handset. (it is kinda funny. With the release of "the Handset" I feel now that "Handset" needs to be uppercase -- in order to signify that it is a product name. heh.

Jann