Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#29528 by mellisac
Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:19 pm
I've called Ooma customer support numerous times. Every time I call it seems like they have not even looked at my issue. I've had Ooma since May and I've had no problems until now. I'm getting really frustrated though since customer support is horrible. I had my number ported from Vonage in May and everything seemed to be ok with that. Now whenever someone tries to call me it says my number is not in service. I have the Premier so I set up another number and that one works. The problem is no one has that number though so no one can get in touch with me. The last time I called they said it was a routing issue and they would fix it within 48 hours. It's been that long and still no response and no resolution. If someone could please help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Mellisa
#29549 by WayneDsr
Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 pm
Is it possible that Vonage still has your number listed in their service as disconnected?
I remember something about Vontage sometimes not deleting ported numbers from their database.
Maybe a call to Vonage to ask?

Wayne
#29567 by murphy
Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:57 am
If your number is still in Vonage's database, no one that is on Vonage will be able to call you.
Call Vonage support and request that your number be deleted from their system.
#29676 by mellisac
Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:02 pm
Thank you for your help so far. I did contact Vonage and they are supposed to remove my number. However, no one can call me. It doesn't matter if it is a cell phone, land line, etc. I can't even call home with my own cell phone. The only person that can call me is my mother and she has Ooma as well. So I am not very hopeful that this will resolve my issue, but I did try. They said it can take up to 48 hours for their database to be updated.