Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#28478 by jlhayman
Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 am
Forgive me if this has been answered, but I've scoured the forum and can't find the answer.

When I call into my Ooma Voicemail, it says..."You need to finish setting up my Voicemail"..."Record Your Name and Press #".

Here's the deal...I don't want to record / publish my name! I'd prefer callers to simply hear the "Generic" message.

Is there anyway of permanently bypassing the "finish setting up my Voicemail"...and keep the Generic message.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
#28479 by murphy
Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:13 am
Set up your voice mail and then select the option that plays the default message (4 if memory serves).
#28516 by Zindar
Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:31 am
Question: Why when setting it up does it ask me to record my name? What it does it do with the recording of my name? As far as I know, it's not incorporated into the outgoing greeting.
#28518 by murphy
Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:33 am
Zindar wrote:Question: Why when setting it up does it ask me to record my name? What it does it do with the recording of my name? As far as I know, it's not incorporated into the outgoing greeting.

It is if you pick the correct option.
#28535 by hpepper
Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:00 am
Zindar wrote:Question: Why when setting it up does it ask me to record my name? What it does it do with the recording of my name? As far as I know, it's not incorporated into the outgoing greeting.

I also believe it uses your name if you log into voicemail, create a message and send to another Ooma user.