Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#45434 by cob10
Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:14 am
I had the same problem and found out the person calling me had their number blocked. Because I recently set my preferences to send blocked calls to voice mail the call went to voice mail... I just forgot I recently made a preference change. :?
#46989 by Mr. Mom
Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:55 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Not sure if you have an ooma hub or a telo, but they work the same way. If your "envelope button" is red, hold it down for about 5 seconds and it should turn off. You were in "privacy mode".

Wayne

Sweet, thanks. I just registered, to find out what was going on, and you had the right answer for me.
#47112 by huynhl
Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:35 pm
I have the same problem. The phone never ring, and it goes straight to voice mail, the envelop is not light up red. Ooma problem, I guess
#47114 by murphy
Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:36 am
huynhl wrote:I have the same problem. The phone never ring, and it goes straight to voice mail, the envelop is not light up red. Ooma problem, I guess

Hub or Telo?
If hub, turn the brightness knob on the right side all of the way up.
#48190 by cjtiming
Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:32 pm
Same thing with me. I've reset both the hub and the scout (I have the older version), reset the router, have blue ooma tabs on both units, but calls go straight to VM.

Oh, I checked all the handsets too with no luck.

Calling from my cell phone whose number isn't blocked.
#48560 by SamFelis
Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:43 pm
We have the same (similar) issue.

Our local calls require 10 digit calling (e.g., area code + 7 digit number). When making local calls to people w/ Verizon voice mail (e.g., not a home answering machine), if we call the 10 digit number, all calls go straight to voice mail. However, when we dial 1 plus the 10 digit number (as if it were a long distance call), it's handled properly.

I'm still working with Ooma support to figure this out, but so far have not had any luck.