Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#24240 by feartheturtle
Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:56 am
Thanks md81e1, I appreciate the help.
No go. I can see a drop down arrow as you describe for my Saved-mail folder, but nothing for the trash folder. Also disabled the pop-up blockers - no difference. I can't disable the firewall on the computer - I guess I can try that from my home computer later tonight. Of all the problems - this one is not so bad - but it is perplexing!?!
#24245 by md81e1
Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:28 pm
Ok, this may be pushing it...

I have noticed that when I am in the voicemail/ inbox view - sometimes I can see the V drop down if I move the cursor down to the trash line (and maybe to the right). If you can see the V, click on it so empty appears and proceed.

However, often I can't see it and have to click on "trash" to view messages.

I am wondering if the messages in trash just aren't being seen as trash.
So, maybe try moving them back to your inbox, marking them as unread.

Log out and close your browser. Log in and then delete them. First look for the V in the inbox view, as first noted.

If not, click on trash and perhaps you will then see the V drop down "when your cursor is in the trash section" on the upper left side.

Hoping this does it, otherwise I defer to Dennis.
#24331 by feartheturtle
Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:32 pm
OK - finally got it working. IE8 on our home computer had no problem displaying the "empty trash" option.

I then updated Firefox portable (use this on work computer) and now that works as well (updated to ver 3.5.3).

md81e1 - thanks for all your help - greatly appreciated!
#25337 by feartheturtle
Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:39 pm
And now this same issue is back for our account. Can't empty the trash, can't move items from trash to another folder. What went wrong? I've tried both computers, so neither IE7, IE8 or Firefox portable 3.5.3 works. I also have issues were clicking on a link in my.ooma will sometimes take me to the login page! What the heck is going on???
#25640 by md81e1
Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:38 am
It's not just you. Again, I am not able to delete messages from trash.
No drop down arrow to access the "Empty" pop-up box is visible in the either the view/inbox or trash sections.
Dennis??
#25728 by tech-2go
Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:21 pm
I too cannot find the empty trash arrow no matter what i do, very annoying and a must have feature. Ooma, Is there a way to make it easier, please? maybe just dedicate a small icon to empty the trash, and one to trash call logs... or maybe it would be nice to be able to delete specific calls from the log... doubt these features are hard to integrate... let's go Ooma, please get on the ball!
#25795 by feartheturtle
Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:40 pm
Earlier today Bobby reported that this "empty the trash" issue (or voicemail management problem) will be resolved later this week. His posting is the fourth one in this thread - - > http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3515

Lets hope he's right! This "works-one-day, not-the-next" feature set was not what we are looking for!