Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#18787 by EBoon
Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:28 pm
Nothing worse to me than having a conversation and having an annoying beep going off because I'm getting another call. I'm old school - they can get a busy signal or directly to voice mail. (I think it's just rude to put someone on hold while I check with whoever is calling me ...ahh, but I digress!)

Anyway, from reading the forum it's clear there is no way to turn the feature off PERMANENTLY from the lounge and I really don't want to have to remember to punch in a * code every time I make a call. So anyway, gave the friendly folks at ooma tech support a call and asked if there was a way to disable this feature from their end. I was told that yes the could re-configure the hub and turn it off, put it would be permanently turned off and would never be able to be turned on again. Really???? Are you kidding me? No, the tech explained it was very complicated and they would never be able to undo it. Wow!

I passed. (sigh)
Last edited by EBoon on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#18798 by EBoon
Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:38 pm
Kevin1844 wrote:So you don't hate it THAT much, then...

Honestly, I was worried that since it was such a complicated operation that they might totally fubar my hub. (and never, ever be able to fix it :-) )
#18831 by hpepper
Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:50 pm
I don't know... there are times I don't like it, although it is much better than my old AT&T service where it would beep every 5 seconds and never end until I hung up on the call I was on.

With Ooma, I just get one beep.

Then, and all of a sudden, it is an important feature as I am waiting for my son to call anytime with information about their 3rd child due any day now.

Me thinks I like it after all.