Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#18191 by 6239774791
Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:52 pm
I'm very new with Ooma. My call log shows several outgoing calls from me around 1:00 AM. They are all about 2 minutes apart and to the same phone number in area code 602 (Phoenix, AZ.) My area code is 623 (near Phoenix). This has happened for the last 3 nights. It appears an automatic FAX is trying to send these. When I dial the number in the log I get a fax beep. I don't have a FAX hooked up. I don't make these calls. I'm the only person using this computer and this phone system. Is it possible someone else is making these calls from another phone and it shows up on my Call Log? How could that happen. How do I stop it. I've already gone to Lounge and Blocked this number for incoming calls. What's going on.
arizonaartie
#18194 by 6239774791
Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:01 pm
Thanks groundhog. I guess you are right. I do have Direct TV but I thought they phoned home using a method other than FAX. Maybe they do. The Beep I hear sounds like a FAX beep however.
arizonaartie
#18246 by ChiefBonesAlum
Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:17 pm
To the original poster - it looks like you're using your phone number as your forum username, which because of privacy reasons may not be the best idea. I was going to suggest you go and change your username, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. You might want to contact customer support to see if they can change it for you.