Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#16571 by MikeekiM
Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:30 am
What do you do with your Anonymous Caller Rejection?

Do you send them to voicemail? Or do you block them? (I wish this forum had polling capabilities)...

I am sending them to voicemail, but this has made me feel the need to put a long greeting telling them that they got put into voicemail either because we aren't available, or because they are blocking their callerid, followed by instructions to hang up and call back unblocked if they want their call to ring through before going to voicemail...

I feel like I am punishing my friends and family with this long greeting...

I think I either need to block them completely...or send them straight to voicemail and not tell them that they were sent straight there...

Anyway...short answer: I send them to voicemail :)
#16646 by bw1
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:12 pm
I send to voicemail. I can then block my own caller id when I call in to check for voicemail by dialing *67 and then my number which sends me straight to voicemail.

I don't have any special greeting, just my name. I have had a couple of legitimate calls and a political call that went to voicemail, but everyone I know doesn't block.

If you block the caller with it, they will hear a message to unblock their number and call back.

"The person you are calling does not accept calls from private numbers, to unblock your caller-ID, hang up and dial *82 followed by the number."

See here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1809&p=15796#p15796