Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#16250 by inspectorgene
Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:54 pm
Had a couple of glitches right out of the box. [Not ooma's fault]

Been using the system for about a week now. So far, so good.

Called my arch nemesis, AT$T today to cancel landline. Actually got to talk to a good CSR. Got a good deal by keeping basic phone service, and a reduction in my DSL price, so I will be keeping the land line.

For a 54 year old, and the same phone number for 27 years, that is kind of comforting in a way.

My set-up is NOT to integrate ooma and landline, but keep seperate. Not sure if I will keep Premier after the trial period, but it is likely.

I have a cordless phone with digital answering machine set to 2 ring answer on my landline. The message directs the caller to leave a message, or dial my ALTERNATE [ooma] phone number [which is on the greeting] in case of emergency. I have set ooma to multi-ring my cell phone. The landline machine has a remote check and toll-saver feature.

I will start giving out my ooma number to any new contacts and family members, meanwhile my old number will still be there for backup, or if a long lost relative wants to get in touch with me in regards to any inheritances...I can envision moving more and more away from the landline as I get the ooma number in better circulation.

Saving about $40.00 a month over my ATT plan, which is OK by me.

BTW, one of the BEST reasons to have ooma, above and beyond the price savings, is the concern and support of OTHER users here on this forum.

Thanks!
#16251 by niknak
Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:57 pm
sounds like you've got everything covered!
#16254 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:40 pm
AT&T did the same for me. My landline ring less and less....

Wayne
#16280 by MikeekiM
Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:39 pm
What did AT&T do for you guys? I went down to the absolute minimum of $7.28 for measured local... Can I do better?
#16288 by inspectorgene
Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:58 pm
MikeekiM wrote:What did AT&T do for you guys? I went down to the absolute minimum of $7.28 for measured local... Can I do better?

I didn't do THAT good, but got unlimited local incoming and outgoing calls, plus discount on internet.
#16290 by WayneDsr
Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:07 pm
My AT&T service would be the same with or without the phone. Local calling only, no services.

I think I'm paying $56 after taxes with phone and the highest tier internet speed. ($35 internet)

Without the phone, (dryloop) the $35 DSL goes up to $45 plus taxes. Works out to be the same after taxes.

Wayne
#16312 by inspectorgene
Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:02 am
My total with taxes is $51.09 with 3rd tier DSL and basic landline after discounts.

I was paying nearly 50 bux for phone service alone.
#16322 by MikeekiM
Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:22 am
I am anticipating about a $50 AT&T bill... $15 for the basic landline after surcharges, and $35 for Elite (6mbit) DSL service...