Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#16086 by gbickel1
Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:21 am
Hello,

I have an old alarm panel that only capable of dialing pulse. I obtained a Dialgizmo pulse to tone converted, and it works fine. I can attach a butt set and listen to the pulses get converted to tone, and it is able to dial out. I can hear the reciever answer the phone, and can hear the two communication. The problem is that at some point in the transmission, it get's garbled so the receiver hangs up. When this happens, the panel eventually hangs up and tries again. This goes on over and over again. I'm pretty sure that if I can get the panel to dial a *99, it would work fine. The trouble is, how do you get an pulse device to dial a *. The Dialgizmo can dial a speed dial, and we can insert the *99, but to get the initiate a speed dial, it requires a "dial-hold" sequence. The DH sequence is easy on a rotary phone, but I do not believe it can be simulated or done with a pulse dial alarm panel.
So, I am stuck... Currently Ooma is up and running powering all the houe phones, and the land line is connected directly to the alarm panel.

Any ideas? Can Ooma be programmed by CS in a special way to have it use *99 without dialing *99?
#16087 by niknak
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:00 am
maybe you can record the dialing sequence on a small mp3 device and rig it up to play when the alarm requests dial tone?
#16089 by southsound
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:11 am
It may be time to replace an aging alarm panel. Of course, you will also have to replace the keypads, but chances are the entire swapout could be done for less than $150 if you only have one keypad and the system is wired.