Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#16054 by MikeekiM
Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:09 pm
I created a second phone number which I plan to use for my work at home phone calls... When I set up the number, it asked what to display, so I put my company name there... And I am fine with that for now...

But what if I switch companies, or end up repurposing this phone number for personal use? Can I have it changed? It doesn't seem to be editable from the web UI... So my only guess is that if it is changeable, it would require a phone call to ooma customer support...

Any ideas on whether this is changeable at some point?

Thanks!
#16056 by murphy
Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:14 pm
From the FAQ

During activation, your caller-ID will be set to use the name you registered your ooma account with. If you wish to change an existing outgoing caller-ID name, you can do so for a one-time charge of $11.99.
#16073 by MikeekiM
Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:00 pm
Oh cr*p... I didn't realize that... I wish I knew it was semi-permanent... I probably would have made a different choice... I just created it a couple of days ago...I wonder if I could get customer service to do a good faith change...