Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#11567 by gx22
Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:26 pm
I use my answering machine in my Panasonic cordless phone for voice messages. I like the messages stored locally rather than in the voice mail server. I set my answering machine to answer in 6 rings and Ooma voice mail at 8 rings. So all messages goes to my answering machine and it is working. But when I try to get messages in my answering machine remotely with a touch tone phone, it does not take my access pin. I am sure the pin is correct and I also tried different outside phones but no luck.

From another thread, I heard that Ooma had problem relaying touch tones to local. Is this why my answering machine does not respond to my touch tone pin? Is this touch tone problem a known bug with Ooma that will be fixed? I really wish I can remotely control my answering machine soon.
#11569 by murphy
Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:21 am
They appear to be blocking incoming touchtones on purpose for some unknown reason. At least it is unknown to us. I'm sure that they know why they are doing it.