Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#10536 by mhowie
Sat May 30, 2009 9:12 pm
From the ooma Premier features page:

Instant Second Line

Do your kids have the gift of gab? No problem! When you sign up for ooma Premier, you’ll get an Instant Second Line™ feature, which lets you make or take two simultaneous calls without the cost or hassle of installing a second line. So when your daughter's chatting with her BFF (i.e., best friend forever), simply pick up another phone and you’ll get a fresh ooma dialtone.

Just to confirm... this functionality DOES require a Scout?
#10541 by WayneDsr
Sun May 31, 2009 5:21 am
I set my hub and scout next to each other for 2nd line convenience. Connnected via WALL port on the hub to the WALL port in the scout.

Wayne
#10574 by mhowie
Sun May 31, 2009 5:54 pm
WayneDsr wrote:I set my hub and scout next to each other for 2nd line convenience. Connnected via WALL port on the hub to the WALL port in the scout.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I have finally decided to go with this configuration and I have successfully established the second line via the Scout with it residing near the Hub. I wonder if there was anything clever via the ooma Lounge or otherwise you have done to expand "hidden capabilities" which might exist with this setup?

Regards,
#10575 by southsound
Sun May 31, 2009 6:02 pm
mhowie,

CloaknDagr has a wonderful explanation of how he uses his hub and scout in this thread: http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1653&st=0&sk=t&sd=a. You might want to implement some of the things he has done. Make sure to read both of his posts in the thread.
#10650 by mhowie
Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:28 pm
You're right... those are wonderful explanations and I thank you for referring me to those posts.

Regards,