Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#111440 by Cistern
Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:08 pm
Just came across this thread. I live one area code away (610) in PA from the OP. The last week I've had spotty off-and-on problems regarding both placing calls and hearing anyone on the other end when I pick up.

Like I said, it's spotty, one day it's ok the next it's not. Today it's certainly not.

I've read the entire thread and I wonder if it is indeed a routing issue in my local area. Verizon is our local carrier here, so it isn't a little guy and I live in area of over 150,000 people within a five-mile radius of my house, so I wouldn't say I live in a rural area.

Hopefully someone is on this and it gets fixed. I've been with Ooma for four years and while there have been problems, overall, it's been pretty good.
#111538 by mrbill16
Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:24 pm
beerman1957 wrote:Why are you blaming OOMA for routing issues they have no control over? It's an issue with the local TELCOM especially in rural areas where FCC obviously doesn't police. I would actually report the routing issue to the FCC so they can investigate the local TELCOM.

I have had my OOMA TELO since they came out and never ever had a problem, so I sold them to 3 others who also never have a problem. I suspect OOMA is doing a good job trying to resolve routing issues. They don't have billions of dollars like ATT or Verizon.

Excuse me, but whom were you addressing about blaming Ooma?