Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#110502 by libertysat
Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:07 pm
My idea is to port my current iPhone number then move my phone from verizon to another, cheaper prepay provider
I would accept whatever number new provider gives me and use the Ooma to forward to iPhone

Will my MMS and all the iCloud services continue to work exactly like they do now?

Thanks
Bob
#111477 by parity_bit
Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:09 am
libertysat wrote:My idea is to port my current iPhone number then move my phone from verizon to another, cheaper prepay provider
I would accept whatever number new provider gives me and use the Ooma to forward to iPhone

Will my MMS and all the iCloud services continue to work exactly like they do now?

Thanks
Bob

Hello

No? Reason being, Ooma is not a cell-phone data provider. Even if you have those services provided by the pre-paid carrier--your plan to have your current iPhone number ported over to Ooma then forwarded to the iPhone would have those calls be merely phonecalls with no data. The other services provided by your pre-paid carrier will continue to work fine, as expected, on "whatever number new provider gives" you. If that was the plan, then yes, you'll still get those services--just not by Ooma. You'll be getting them through the pre-paid provider. :)