Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#109302 by Sunshine76963
Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:54 pm
I'm trying to set up my virtual number to use with Craigslist. I want callers to call that number and go to voicemail. However, when I call that number from my mobile phone, I get the message that "The number ###-###-#### (my PRIMARY number) can't take your call right now."

I don't want callers to hear my primary/home number. I'm using a Panasonic phone, not the Ooma.

Is there something in the voicemail set-up to fix this?
#109303 by EX Bell
Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:25 pm
1. Go to my.ooma.com and in the Phone Number Preferences, Add a Private Account.
2. Click on your secondary number and assign it to the account you just created.
3. Log out of your primary account and log into your new private account using the secondary number and password you set for the new private account.
4. Go to Voicemail preferences and set the Voicemail pick-up time to 10 seconds so it will not ring your phone for very long.
5. Uncheck "Enable call screening" so you will not have to listen to the caller leaving messages.

You can set alerts just like on the main account so you'll get an email or text when they leave a message.
#109311 by EX Bell
Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:08 pm
Sunshine76963 wrote:Thank you! That worked perfectly. I wasn't assigning the virtual number to the new account. I appreciate your help.

Glad to have helped!
#109343 by EX Bell
Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:21 pm
Sunshine76963 wrote:Thank you! That worked perfectly. I wasn't assigning the virtual number to the new account. I appreciate your help.

A post from Ibmofo on a different subject reminded me of a new blacklist feature that can send all calls to voicemail without the phone ringing for 10 seconds each time.

1. Log into your private account using the secondary number and password you set.
2. Go to Blacklist Preferences
3. Check the "Enable Personal Blacklist" checkbox
4. Set it to Matching calls should get "Sent to Voicemail"
5. One by one, add 0* through 9* to the personal blacklist

Now all calls to the secondary number will go directly to voicemail and you won't have to hear your phone ring at all. You'll still get notifications by email or text of the call.