Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
#108676 by bmccollum
Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:49 pm
My family and I have an Ooma Telo, as do my parents. This question is regarding an issue my parents are experiencing recently with their Ooma Telo.

When they have a call incoming to their home, their phones throughout the house aren't ringing. The incoming calls aren't showing up on their caller ID on their home phones if they check them later either. To the caller, the phone rings 3-4 times as usual and then rolls to voice mail as if no one is there to answer the phone.

My Dad called Ooma Tech Support a day or so ago and didn't receive any recommendations aside from to unplug the Ooma Telo, wait a min. or two, and plug it back up. Doing this resolved the issue they were experiencing, as I called them right after the Ooma Telo was back online and all of their phones throughout their home rang as expected and he answered the phone.

Tonight, I'm trying to call them over and over and I'm 99% sure they're home, but no one's answering. I have an idea the same exact thing is going on again.

Any suggestions, as it's pretty necessary that they're able to accept incoming calls.

Thanks.
#108678 by murphy
Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:59 pm
It sounds like do not disturb is enabled. The envelope key would be orange instead of blue in this case. There would also be a stutter dialtone on the phone connected to the Telo phone port and on an HD2 handset. An HD2 handset would have a red circle with a white horizontal line through it in the upper right corner of the display.
#108679 by bmccollum
Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:25 pm
Figured it out... somehow, the "Call Forwarding" functionality had been enabled via the My Ooma site.

My Dad went in there a few days ago and blacklisted a few #s associated with telemarketers that seem to call every few days. I think while he was in there, he accidentally clicked on the tab that deals with call forwarding and turned that on to where all calls rolled automatically to my Mom's cell phone, which incidentally, is pretty much never turned on.

Problem solved I believe.

:-)